Prices will rise from 1 April
- Sky Signature TV will increase by £1 a month from £26 a month to £27 a month.
- Sky Cinema will increase by £1 a month from £11 a month to £12 a month.
- BT Sport will increase by £1 a month from £27 a month to £28 a month.
- Sky Broadband Essential will increase by £2.50 a month from £25 a month to £27.50 a month.
- Sky Broadband Superfast will increase by £2.50 a month from £28 a month to £30.50 a month.
- Sky HD will increase by £1 a month from £7 a month to £8 a month.
- Out-of-bundle Sky Talk call rates from Sky landlines and mobiles to UK landlines and mobiles will increase by 2p a minute from 20p a minute to 22p a minute.
Credit photo: Karolina
EU roaming charges to be brought back from 3 May
Sky has also announced that it will charge mobile users £2 a day for data roaming – using their inclusive minutes, texts and calls – in the European Union from Tuesday 3 May.
If roaming is important to you, see our Cheap mobile and data roaming guide for info on how to use your phone abroad for less, including info on the providers that will continue to offer inclusive ‘free’ roaming.
You may be able to leave penalty-free
- Outside your minimum contract term for TV, phone, mobile and/or broadband? You can leave penalty-free at any time. To do this, contact Sky by phone (on 03337 593922), online or by post. You’ll need to give 31 days’ notice for TV and mobile packages, though Sky says the notice period for some TV add-ons may vary. It’s 14 days’ notice for broadband and phone packages.If you’re out of contract there’s a good chance you’re paying over the odds, so check if you can find a better deal – you don’t need to wait for notification of the price hikes to do this.
Source : Money saving expert